Planning to study in Germany? Here are a few pointers you may find helpful
- You can apply for and avail yourself of a Residence Permit of 18 months to look for a job, post-study, based on your qualification.
- You can simultaneously work for 120 days full-time or 240 days part-time in a year (with a salary of 9-12 Euros per hour, on an average), during your period of study.
- You can avail yourself of permanent residency after 4 years of working.
- A1 or A2 level of German language is recommended (even if not required in college). If the course is in German, at least B1 level would stand you in good stead.
- Ideal IELTS score is 6.5, but can vary from university to university, and depend on your TOEFL score too.
- Ideal graduation score is 70% (however, there are cases where, students who didn’t hit the required score, could get through German universities because of their relevant work experiences being taken into account).
- Ideal GRE score is 300+ (not many universities ask for it, though).
- Visa must be applied for 3 months prior to departure.
- The Visa process takes 6-12 weeks for closure.
- You may not be required to open an account if you have anyone in Germany who could sponsor your study; in other cases, opening a blocked account is necessary.
- Pre documentation with uni-assist (the University Application Service for International Students) is required for international students. For more info on uni-assist, click here: https://www.th-koeln.de/en/academics/uni-assist-document-review_8553.php
- No original documents are required to be submitted while applying from India; scanned copies (certified by an official notary) would act as official proofs.
- Some universities, like RWTH Aachen as also a few technical universities, accept GATE score (for specific courses).
The top universities offering courses in English language
- TU Munich
- LMU Munich
- Freie Universitat Berlin
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Heidelberg
Knowing German language is a plus, of course
- Would give you a sense of belonging in a foreign country, and enable you to befriend its culture.
- Thousands of students are applying for 40-50 seats for a particular course in a German University, so you definitely stand to gain if you learn the language of the country you are in.
- Knowing German can also help you earn better wages post-study
- You might not face difficulty staying back upon the completion of your course, if you have a grasp over the language.
German language proficiency tests
- DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) – German language test for foreign language
- ZOP (Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung) certificate of Goethe institute
HURRAY can help with your aspiration to study in Germany
- We will review your resume, LOR (Letter of Recommendation), SOP (Statement of Purpose) & essays, and offer feedback for improvement
We will help you prepare the synopsis of your project, and also advise you on the types of extra-curricular activities that could be relevant during your stay in Germany.
We will guide you through the visa process and the documentation process. We will arrange/organise expert mock interviews for your visa process.
We can also help you with adequate counseling on the loan process (if there is any tuition fee).
For more information on IELTS/PTE exams or overseas studies, feel free to give us a buzz at 9900426501